New World’s Communication Director role is a bit different than what you may see at other studios. The role is equal parts corporate brand development, company and game marketing, and team manager. This unique role will be responsible to help shape and evangelize the company’s brand, as well as build a communications strategy that will leverage our best-in-class studio, critically acclaimed games, and talented team. Working with all the company’s disciplines you will help your team to drive influencer relationships, continue to build our community, leverage our player-first mentality and elevate our FPS games to increasing levels of awareness throughout the world. Without a doubt, this is not your traditional communications role and you will have a big impact throughout the organization, with our growing community (already over 11 million gamers) and with our corporate group Saber Interactive and the Embracer Group. If you’re up for a great new challenge, and you enjoy ‘rolling-up-your-sleeves’ and working with an extraordinary group of talented people, New World may be the right opportunity for you.
What will our Communications Director do?
While at New World, your days will be filled with many initiatives in an extremely fast-paced environment as we evolve from a one-game-in-development studio to two games and a team of 50 to the next stop of perhaps 100 employees.
- You’ll lead our corporate communications, be in charge of internal (developers) and external (gaming community) communications, drive initiatives like our website, newsletters, community surveys, PR campaigns, trade show participation, key leader speaking engagements, writing opportunities and much more.
- You’ll lead the communications team and the support team, both of which will report directly to you.
- You will also participate on the company’s leadership team, helping to develop and implement company-wide initiatives, as well as driving our vision and values both within the company and throughout our external interactions.
- You will work closely with our Head of Product, who functions as the primary game architect from a business perspective, assisting with the creation of high-impact promotional campaigns and maximizing our games’ visibility and discoverability.
If you’re interested, you’ll need these skills or experiences:
- 10+ years of experience working in PR, marketing, community management, and social media strategy in the gaming industry
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of communications or marketing professionals
- Extremely proficient in writing, grammar, and content creation
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated excellent collaboration and teamwork skills
- Creative and inquisitive approach
- Aptitude to utilize data-driven insights
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing or Game Development
- Part of a team that has shipped at least one title on each of PC, Xbox and PlayStation
- Demonstrated gaming trade show experience
Additional skills or experiences that will move you up in the stack-ranking for considerations are:
- Experience working on, and shipping, first-person shooters
- Examples of self-generated pitches and marketing reports
- Prior speaking engagements at trade shows
- Deep network of industry contacts