Are you enthusiastic about crafting compelling levels that the player can’t stop talking about? Do you know what it means to build a playground that requires the player to think and play tactically? If so, NWI might be the place for you! We are looking for a level designer that puts the player first. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the industry's most talented people!
What You Will Do:
- Build compelling first-person levels grounded by realism that make the player move tactically and have a strong sense of narrative
- Collaborate with various disciplines and Directors to implement the vision for our levels
- Improving the player experience through prototyping and testing new level design ideas
- Collaborate with QA, art, game design, and engineering to ensure the levels are enjoyable to players
- Create and maintain documentation for level specifications and research
Who You Are:
You are passionate for all types of games including: board games, RPGs, and video games with an emphasis on first-person shooters. You empathize with players and understand their motivation, expectations, and emotions. You are strongly analytical and adept at problem-solving. You are able to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- 4 years in game development, with at least 2 years experience working on FPS level design
- Strong understanding of level design fundamentals with an ability to clearly articulate them
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 for constructing levels and scripting gameplay
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of levels that proves skills and experiences as listed above
- Examples of levels in graybox and accompanying explanation of gameplay intentions
- Samples from previous industry work
- Shipped at least one AAA FPS title
- Completed and published two FPS levels that received high ratings on a player-content hub IE; Steam workshop
Why New World Interactive
At New World, we believe in our team’s happiness. We respect the well-being of our teammates and believe healthy, happy, and passionate employees are the result of a best-in-class work environment.
We believe in inclusivity. We create an environment of safety where everyone feels like they belong. We value every team member for the skills they bring, regardless of their gender, demographics or community. We ensure everyone has the same opportunities for advancement.
We believe in teamwork. We appreciate the value that is created by every team member working together with trust, collaboration, responsibility, and accountability. We celebrate success.
We believe in creativity. We enjoy solving problems and trying new things. We rely on unique and varied perspectives to continuously improve. We promote autonomy within the team.
We believe in putting players first. We empathize with our players and keep the user experience and user impact at the forefront of our decision-making.
- Tenure based vacation Policy
- Unlimited PTO and Sick Days
- Studio closure for one week in December
- Continuing Education and Personal Development Benefits
- Extended Health Benefits (Drug, Vision, Dental, Specialists)
- Cost-of-living raises
- Bonus Program
New World is an equal opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by the Employment Equity Act in Canada.