Are you an up-and-coming killer animator who specializes in character movement? Have you been learning animation and have an interest in animation development and pipelines? Got something to show the world? If so, New World Interactive might be the place for you! We are looking for a Junior to Intermediate Animator to help create high-quality and exciting animations.
We believe collaboration is key to a successful game and have built an environment that will allow creativity and freedom to do your best work. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and team up with some of the most talented people in the industry.
This is a full-time, permanent position within the Art Team where you can focus on what you love.
What a Character Animator will do:
As an Animator, you will have exceptional character animation skills and considerable experience in 3D animation. You excel at creating high-calibre, dramatic, and action-oriented character animation while meeting production deadlines.
- Work from storyboard/animatic to create in-game animation sequences as assigned by the lead and/or director
- Complete assigned in-game animation within the scheduled time frame
- Block movements in rough animation, refine and polish to completion in the final animation
- Address required revisions and modify animation as requested
- Based on the production schedule and resources available, ensure and maintain the quality, style and continuity of the in-game animations
- Anticipate, communicate and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues with assistance from key stakeholders
- Actively participate in production-related meetings by offering thoughts and ideas
- Assist with and complete production-related assignments
- Keep current on animation techniques and technology
- Ensure the lead animator/director’s instructions are carried through
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
- Solid proficiency in 3D animation programs
- Strong understanding of general animation, character animation, and lip-sync
- Strong compositional skills; an understanding of staging
- Basic understanding of character rigging
- Solid understanding of character posing
- A strong understanding of basic human kinetics and real-world physics
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Ability to adapt to multiple animation styles
- Must be open to direction and able to embrace change
- Time spent in a live product development
- Traditional art skills such as drawing, painting and sculpting are a plus
- An interest or love of military aesthetics
- Experience in Unreal Engine
- Degree/diploma in animation or equivalent is an asset