Senior AI Programmer
New World Interactive is an award-winning game studio dedicated to crafting exciting tactical playgrounds. Our best-in-class artists, animators and developers have led us to success in creating games like Insurgency, Insurgency: Sandstorm, and Day of Infamy.
We are a medium-sized remote-first studio that actively values a cohesive culture, happiness, teamwork, creativity, and an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We are currently working towards launching our newest tactical hardcore shooter game. As we set out to explore new horizons, we are growing our team and seeking a Senior AI Programmer.
Your Mission Objectives:
- Write high-quality C++ code with an understanding of gameplay and AI systems.
- Participate in the design and implementation of AI code in accordance with design intentions.
- Work collaboratively with design on prototyping new AI concepts as well as iterating on and improving existing systems.
- Work with QA to fix tricky and obscure bugs relating to AI systems.
Mission Critical Skills:
- 3+ years of experience in game development.
- Experience with AI systems and game principles as they relate to the FPS genre.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in writing tools and pipelines.
- High attention to detail.
- Passion for making games.
- Passionate about writing clean, flexible code.
Bonus XP if You Have These!
- Shipped at least one AA or AAA FPS title.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience.
- A good understanding of Unreal Engine 4, including:
- Programming in C++ using the in-engine gameplay framework.
- Using built-in AI tools such as EQS and Behavior Trees.
Your Tactical Gear Includes:
Perks and Benefits:
Although we are a medium-sized studio, we are owned and funded by a larger entity which means you’ll have the stability and benefits of working for a larger studio.
We offer ultimate flexibility in our remote-first studio using our core working hours, which allow you to plan your work day, as well as our unlimited PTO (paid time off). Starting on day 1, you’re also eligible to participate in our best-in-class extended health and dental coverage, disability programs, and life insurance programs. In addition to unlimited PTO, we offer two weeks of paid vacation with additional weeks after your second and fourth years of tenure. We also close the studio over the Christmas and New Years period as additional paid days off for our entire team.
And the perk list doesn’t stop there! We have continuing education allowances, personal development allowances, and performance bonus programs! Additionally, we plan fun social activities remotely and in-person, giveaway swag packages, and free game keys for our games and games from other studios!
***This is a full-time, permanent position within the Code Department where you can focus on what you love. We're a remote-first studio hiring within Canada. Candidates from outside of the US and Canada will be considered; however, may not be eligible for benefits.***
New World is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by the Employment Equity Act in Canada. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
- AI Programmer
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Senior AI Programmer
Loading application form
Already working at New World Interactive?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.