Are you a killer animator who specializes in character movement? Do you have experience in animation development and pipelines? Got something to show the world? If so, New World Interactive might be the place for you! We are looking for a Senior Animator to help create high-quality and exciting animations.
We believe collaboration is key to a successful game and have built an environment that will allow creativity and freedom to do your best work. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and team up with some of the most talented people in the industry.
This is a full-time, permanent position within the Art Team where you can focus on what you love.
What a Senior Animator will do:
- Work from storyboard/animatic to create in-game animation sequences as assigned by the lead and/or director
- Complete assigned in-game animation within the scheduled time frame
- Block movements in rough animation, refine and polish to completion in the final animation
- Address required revisions and modify animation as requested
- Based on the production schedule and resources available, ensure and maintain the quality, style and continuity of the in-game animations
- Anticipate, communicate and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues with assistance form key stakeholders
- Actively participate in production-related meetings by offering thoughts and ideas
- Assist with and complete production-related assignments
- Keep current on animation techniques and technology
- Ensure the lead animator/director's instructions are carried through
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
Who you are:
As an Animator, you will have exceptional character animation skills and considerable experience in 3D animation. You will have worked in a video game pipeline, and have shipped at least 2 titles. You excel at creating high-caliber, dramatic, and action-oriented character animation while meeting production deadlines. You are a positive force in the workplace.
- Degree or diploma in Animation or equivalent work experiences
- Previous experience in video game production pipelines with at least 2 shipped titles
- Strong proficiency in 3D animation programs
- Exceptional understanding of animation, character animation, and lip-sync
- Strong compositional skills; an understanding of staging
- Basic understanding of character rigging
- Exceptional understanding of character posing
- Exceptional understanding of basic human kinetics and real-world physics
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to work collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to multiple animation styles
- Must be open to direction and able to embrace change
- A willingness to lead and mentor others; positive attitudes are important here
- Traditional art skills such as drawing, painting, and sculpting are a plus
- An interest or love of military aesthetics
Why New World Interactive?
At New World, we believe in our team’s happiness. We respect the well-being of our teammates and believe healthy, happy, and passionate employees are the result of a best-in-class work environment.
We believe in inclusivity. We create an environment of safety where everyone feels like they belong. We value every team member for the skills they bring, regardless of their gender, demographics, or community. We ensure everyone has the same opportunities for advancement.
We believe in teamwork. We appreciate the value that is created by every team member working together with trust, collaboration, responsibility, and accountability. We celebrate success.
We believe in creativity. We enjoy solving problems and trying new things. We rely on unique and varied perspectives to continuously improve. We promote autonomy within the team.
We believe in putting players first. We empathize with our players and keep the user experience and user impact at the forefront of our decision-making.
- Vacation policy and a week-long studio closure at the end of December
- Unlimited single-day PTO and sick days
- Extended Health Benefits (Drug, Vision, Dental, Specialists)
- Continuing Education and Personal Development Benefits
- Cost-of-living raises
New World is an equal opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by the Employment Equity Act in Canada.