Are you a killer Technical Artist who specializes in animation? New World Interactive might be the place for you! We are looking for a Technical Animator to join our team. We believe collaboration is key to a successful game and have built an environment that will allow creativity and freedom to do your best work. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn and team up with some of the most talented people in the industry.
The Technical Animator acts as a bridge between the artists, engine and programmers, ensuring art content and features are easily integrated while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
- Maintain and improve rigging and animation pipeline
- Update and improve toolset for rigging and animation
- Offer technical support to the animation team in day-to-day production issues
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- 2-3 years experience as a technical animator or similar in the video game industry
- Rigging in Maya
- Scripting in Python
- Understanding of animation principles
- Passion for exploring new workflows and ideas
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Animation experience including keyframe animation
- Unreal sequencer
- Console experience
- Blender - Rigging or scripting
Why New World Interactive
At New World, we believe in our team’s happiness. We respect the well-being of our teammates and believe healthy, happy, and passionate employees are the result of a best-in-class work environment.
We believe in inclusivity. We create an environment of safety where everyone feels like they belong. We value every team member for the skills they bring, regardless of their gender, demographics or community. We ensure everyone has the same opportunities for advancement.
We believe in teamwork. We appreciate the value that is created by every team member working together with trust, collaboration, responsibility, and accountability. We celebrate success.
We believe in creativity. We enjoy solving problems and trying new things. We rely on unique and varied perspectives to continuously improve. We promote autonomy within the team.
We believe in putting players first. We empathize with our players and keep the user experience and user impact at the forefront of our decision-making.
- Yearly week-long studio closure in December
- Unlimited PTO and Sick Days
- Continuing Education and Personal Development Benefits
- Extended Health Benefits (Drug, Vision, Dental, Specialists)
- Cost-of-living raises
- Bonus Program
New World is an equal opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by the Employment Equity Act in Canada.