New World Interactive is an award-winning game studio dedicated to crafting exciting tactical playgrounds. Our best-in-class artists, animators and developers have led us to success in creating games like Insurgency, Insurgency: Sandstorm, and Day of Infamy.
We are a medium-sized remote-first studio that actively values a cohesive culture, happiness, teamwork, creativity, and an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. As we set out to explore new horizons, we are growing our team and seeking a Senior Character Artist.
Your Mission Objectives:
- Work with Art and Design leads to create appealing characters that fit within our technical requirements.
- Work closely with the Technical Art department to ensure that high levels of quality and performance are achieved.
- Contribute to the research and development of best practices in line with the latest technological developments.
- Be part of reviewing in-house and outsourced character art.
- Manage your own timelines, progress and deadlines.
- Help to develop workflows that fit with the department’s needs.
Mission Critical Skills:
- At least 3 years of experience creating characters for video games.
- At least 1 game shipped as a Character Artist.
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy (form, shape and silhouette) with a good eye for detail.
- Proficiency in UE4/5, with an ability to create believable materials for skin, cloth, eyes, hair, etc.
- A solid grasp of the technical constraints that come with developing characters for games.
- Good understanding of topological flow for better deformation.
- Ability to understand and learn technical and creative concepts.
- Organic and hard-surface modelling/sculpting skills.
Bonus XP if You Have These!
- Self-motivated to stay up-to-date with advances in game industry technology.
- Traditional art skills like drawing, painting, and sculpting.
Your Tactical Gear Includes
- Unreal Engine 4/5
- Substance Painter
- Marmoset Toolbag
Perks and Benefits:
Although we are a medium-sized studio, we are owned and funded by a larger entity which means you’ll have the stability and benefits of working for a larger studio.
We offer ultimate flexibility in our remote-first studio using our core working hours, which allow you to plan your work day, as well as our unlimited PTO (paid time off). Starting on day 1, you’re also eligible to participate in our best-in-class extended health and dental coverage, disability programs, and life insurance programs. In addition to unlimited PTO, we offer two weeks of paid vacation with additional weeks after your second and fourth years of tenure. We also close the studio over the Christmas and New Years period as additional paid days off for our entire team.
And the perk list doesn’t stop there! We have continuing education allowances, personal development allowances, and performance bonus programs! Additionally, we plan fun social activities remotely and in-person, giveaway swag packages, and free game keys for our games and games from other studios!
***This is a full-time, permanent position within the Art Department where you can focus on what you love. We're a remote-first studio hiring within Canada. Candidates from outside of the US and Canada will be considered; however, may not be eligible for benefits.***
New World is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by the Employment Equity Act in Canada. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.