New World Interactive is an award-winning game studio dedicated to crafting exciting tactical playgrounds. Our best-in-class artists, animators and developers have led us to success in creating games like Insurgency, Insurgency: Sandstorm, and Day of Infamy.
We are a medium-sized remote-first studio that actively values a cohesive culture, happiness, teamwork, creativity, and an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We are currently working towards launching our newest tactical hardcore shooter game. As we set out to explore new horizons, we are growing our team and seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst.
Your Mission Objectives:
Are you an avid gamer? Do you have a passion for quality? Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to infiltrate NWI as a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst. Our QA team is an integrated defense against the proliferation of bugs. Use your exceptional communication skills, keen eye for detail, and relentless dedication to complete Missions.
Organize test development, execution of tests, and reporting of test coverage for Major Features and Department Discipline based coverage across a product
- Actively advocates for Testability while seeking clarity regarding Quality expectations
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert regarding Functional and Qualitative feedback; and how those results can be aggregated
- Be the voice of risk assessment and bug awareness with QA leadership and key stakeholders
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute to documentation, from test cases to QA process documentation and everything that lives in that space
Mission Critical Skills:
- Shipped at least one studio-developed title on more than one platform and operated as an embedded analyst for at least three years
- Advanced Understanding of Test Case Anatomy and Test Management practices or frameworks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Critical Thinking, Cognitive Functioning, and Logical Reasoning skills
- Intrinsically motivated to achieve the mission objectives
- Experience developing limited functional tests that control variables
- Understanding of external test practices Certification and Compliance
Bonus XP if You Have These!
- Have released at least three game patches or two engine integrations
- Participated in the full game development life-cycle from prototype and early development through post-launch maintenance and support
- Familiarity with different gaming platforms and how testing on them may vary Examples include: Steam, EGS, Windows, Xbox, or PlayStation
- Experience with Console certification test compliance
- ISTQB Functional or above certified
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine 4+, including the in-engine gameplay framework or equivalent editor-based Engines
- Competence with Unreal Editor sufficient enough to develop Test Levels for Functional Tests or automated UAT
- Experience working with Perforce source control
- Skills to explore, build and expand QA Testability, Tools, and Reports
Your Tactical Gear Includes:
- Bug filing and tracking tools, including Jira
- Suitable Test Environment (Hardware provided)
- Tenacity to use Logging, Command Line, or Debug tools
- Screen capturing tools
- Open Box and Closed Box testing, and when to use each
Perks and Benefits:
Although we are a medium-sized studio, we are owned and funded by a larger entity which means you’ll have the stability and benefits of working for a larger studio.
We offer ultimate flexibility in our remote-first studio using our core working hours, which allow you to plan your work day, as well as our unlimited PTO (paid time off). Starting on day 1, you’re also eligible to participate in our best-in-class extended health and dental coverage, disability programs, and life insurance programs. In addition to unlimited PTO, we offer two weeks of paid vacation with additional weeks after your second and fourth years of tenure. We also close the studio over the Christmas and New Years period as additional paid days off for our entire team.
And the perk list doesn’t stop there! We have continuing education allowances, personal development allowances, and performance bonus programs! Additionally, we plan fun social activities remotely and in-person, giveaway swag packages, and free game keys for our games and games from other studios!
***This is a full-time, permanent position within the Art Department where you can focus on what you love. We're a remote-first studio hiring within Canada. Candidates from outside of the US and Canada will be considered; however, may not be eligible for benefits.***
New World is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by the Employment Equity Act in Canada. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
This message will self-destruct in 5 minutes. If it doesn’t, bug it.