New World Interactive is an award-winning game studio dedicated to crafting exciting tactical playgrounds. Our best-in-class artists, animators and developers have led us to success in creating games like Insurgency, Insurgency: Sandstorm, and Day of Infamy.
We are a medium-sized remote-first studio that actively values a cohesive culture, happiness, teamwork, creativity, and an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We are currently working towards launching our newest tactical hardcore shooter game. As we set out to explore new horizons, we are growing our team and seeking a Community Manager to join our communications department.
Your Mission Objectives:
- Create and implement community engagement activities
- Report on sentiment and player issues to stakeholders
- Facilitate event participation (virtual/physical)
- Create and post content to our social media and community channels
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to drive objectives forward
Mission Critical Skills:
- Proficiency with our active social and community channels
- Proficiency in writing and speaking in English
- Perform high levels of communication (quality and quantity) within the team, with stakeholders, and with players
- An understanding of each platform’s analytics and reporting systems
Bonus XP if You Have These!
- An undying love of emojis
- A solid grasp of first-person shooters and their communities
- An understanding of Jira
- Experience managing volunteer moderator groups
Your Tactical Gear Includes:
- Google Workspace
- Steam Forums
Perks and Benefits:
Although we are a medium-sized studio, we are owned and funded by a larger entity which means you’ll have the stability and benefits of working for a larger studio.
We offer ultimate flexibility in our remote-first studio using our core working hours, which allow you to plan your work day, as well as our unlimited PTO (paid time off). Starting on day 1, you’re also eligible to participate in our best-in-class extended health and dental coverage, disability programs, and life insurance programs. In addition to unlimited PTO, we offer two weeks of paid vacation with additional weeks after your second and fourth years of tenure. We also close the studio over the Christmas and New Years period as additional paid days off for our entire team.
And the perk list doesn’t stop there! We have continuing education allowances, personal development allowances, and performance bonus programs! Additionally, we plan fun social activities remotely and in-person, giveaway swag packages, and free game keys for our games and games from other studios!
***This is a full-time, permanent position within the Communications Department where you can focus on what you love. We're a remote-first studio hiring within Canada. Candidates from outside of the US and Canada will be considered; however, they may not be eligible for benefits.***
New World is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by the Employment Equity Act in Canada. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.