New World Interactive is an award-winning game studio dedicated to crafting exciting tactical playgrounds. Our best-in-class artists, animators and developers have led us to success in creating games like Insurgency, Insurgency: Sandstorm, and Day of Infamy.
We are a medium-sized remote-first studio that actively values a cohesive culture, happiness, teamwork, creativity, and an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We are currently working towards launching our newest tactical hardcore shooter game. As we set out to explore new horizons, we are growing our team and seeking a Senior Environment Artist.
Your Mission Objectives:
- Create visually stunning, atmospheric, effective and efficient environments, utilizing a modular approach
- Create complex and reusable modular level kits, as well as tiling and trim textures
- World building, set dressing, lighting and optimizing levels in the Unreal Engine
- Create functional modular assets which can be shared across the project and that respect our technical and artistic constraints
- Work closely with the Environment Art Director, Level Designers and Artists and incorporate feedback to create cohesive and believable worlds
- Be part of feedback and review cycles that improve our quality and effectiveness
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the project and communicate / collaborate effectively with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals are defined and met on time
- Bring your ideas and your experience to the team to help us make better games and to create an even better place to work
Mission Critical Skills:
- Prior experience working as a Senior Environment Artist within the games industry
- The ability to receive, give, and apply feedback effectively
- Experience with 3D software such as Maya, Max or Blender
- Experience working in the Unreal Engine
- Strong understanding of efficient UV layout / Trimming and modular level production methods
- Knowledge of 3D sculpting packages such as Zbrush or Mudbox
- Excellent understanding of the modeling process, hi-res sculpting, baking textures and material/shader setup in the Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of the PBR material pipeline and texturing in Substance Painter and/or Designer
- Understanding of composition and visual storytelling
- Understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- The ability to work well within a team
Bonus XP if You Have These!
- Background in traditional art disciplines (painting, drawing, sculpture, photography etc.) or architecture
- Experience working with UE 5
- Previous work in the FPS genre
- Experience acting as a mentor for more junior artists
Your Tactical Gear Includes:
- Unreal Engine
- Substance Painter/Designer
Perks and Benefits:
Although we are a medium-sized studio, we are owned and funded by a larger entity which means you’ll have the stability and benefits of working for a larger studio.
We offer ultimate flexibility in our remote-first studio using our core working hours, which allow you to plan your work day, as well as our unlimited PTO (paid time off). Starting on day 1, you’re also eligible to participate in our best-in-class extended health and dental coverage, disability programs, and life insurance programs. In addition to unlimited PTO, we offer two weeks of paid vacation with additional weeks after your second and fourth years of tenure. We also close the studio over the Christmas and New Years period as additional paid days off for our entire team.
And the perk list doesn’t stop there! We have continuing education allowances, personal development allowances, and performance bonus programs! Additionally, we plan fun social activities remotely and in-person, giveaway swag packages, and free game keys for our games and games from other studios!
***This is a full-time, permanent position within the Environment Art Department where you can focus on what you love. We're a remote-first studio hiring within Canada. Candidates from outside of the US and Canada will be considered; however, they may not be eligible for benefits.***
New World is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by the Employment Equity Act in Canada. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.