Are you a killer 3D artist who specializes in characters? Want a client who always pays every month? Yes, you can check our references. Also no test art - just do amazing on that first project and we will have a ton more for you to work on. We love freelancers who know how to consistently deliver and we keep them around.
The ideal applicant will have a strong sense of aesthetics and design, an efficient workflow, a deep understanding of light, color, and architecture. You should also have the ability to work within a predetermined aesthetic. We can’t make you draw a certain way but if you can come really close to what we like. You're all set.
- Produce models according to the Lead’s directives to better understand their limits and deadlines;
- Understand project limitations, milestones, and risks and work accordingly;
- Become familiar with graphic references to understand the artistic director’s intentions;
- Create efficient and rig friendly low polygon models for the game integration;
- Work with the Character Art team to create photo-realistic, detailed character designs and assets to be used within a game engine;
- Provide proxy models for game integration;
- Model rough characters in 3DS Max, taking into account skeletal proportions to set a basis for character structure;
- Texture using Photoshop to apply and give colour to characters and generating normal maps to create texture;
- Address critiques from Lead Artist and Art Director and make revisions in a timely manner;
- Export models and textures into engine and make sure they work correctly;
- Touch-up textures after engine integration to optimize quality;
- Clean up scanned data;
- Carry out other related tasks.
Minimum qualifications for role consideration:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in game development modeling and texturing highly realistic characters using 3ds Max or Blender and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs);
- Experience in AAA game production.
- A killer portfolio. Show us your best, Not everything.
Additional qualifications that will move you up in the stack-ranking for considerations are:
- Exceptional understanding of human anatomy, and clothing and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modeling;
- Ability to collaborate efficiently because of frequent interactions with other teams and team members on the project;
- Attention to detail since the beauty of the characters are key elements of the player’s experience;
- Superior eye for color and detail in creating texture maps;
- Ability to take initiative to learn and adapt to new project practices based on evolving technologies;
- Ability to maintain high quality and productivity throughout the project while meeting the deadlines.