We are looking for an AI programmer to join our expanding team! Are you a fan of first-person shooters, with an emphasis on “inspired by realism” and tactical play vs. arcade control? Do you have a passion for cooperative compound interactions between networks of AI pawns? Do cover-based shooters excite you? Do you have an interest in developing AI for a live-service title? Does Unreal Engine excite you? If so, New World Interactive would like to speak with you!
- Writing high-quality C++ code with an understanding of gameplay and AI systems.
- Participation in the design and implementation of AI code in accordance with design intentions.
- Working collaboratively with design on prototyping new AI concepts as well as iterating on and improving existing systems.
- Working with QA to fix tricky and obscure bugs relating to AI systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Passion for making games.
- A good understanding of Unreal Engine 4 including:
- Programming in C++ using the in-engine gameplay framework.
- Using built-in AI tools such as EQS and Behavior Trees.
- Experience working collaboratively with others on games.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent 3+ years related work experience.
- Shipped at least one III, AA, or AAA title on multiple platforms.
- Familiarity with console platforms such as Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.
- Experience working with Perforce source control.
- Familiarity with AI behaviors relating to the FPS genre and co-op games.